Apply now for $1 million in state and federal innovation grant money
The Department of Education has dedicated $650,000 in Federal Title I and $350,000 in State general funds to support the first two years of Hawaii Innovation Fund Grants, aimed at promoting, implementing, and strengthening innovation in Hawaii’s public schools.
Hawaii Innovation Fund Grants will provide public and charter schools with awards between $10,000 and $250,000 over an initial two-year period to pilot highly innovative programs that meet the following criteria:
• Target the root cause of a challenging and complex problem by using breakthrough approaches to education;
• Disrupt existing structures and systems;
• Have the potential to permanently transform education;
• Implement creative practices and new methods of operation; and
• Are strongly aligned with one or more of the Innovation Fund priority areas of school design, student voice and teacher collaboration.
Micro innovation grants of between $500 and $5,000 are also available.