2015 Teacher Excellence Luncheon Kicks off Teacher Appreciation Week
Pictures courtesy Stephen Fong.
31 teachers were honored at the annual Central Chapter Teacher Excellence Luncheon on May 2, 2015. Administrators, colleagues, friends, and family members were among the 800 who joined in this year’s celebration at the Hawaii Okinawa Center.
The Central Chapter Teacher Excellence Award is special because honorees are nominated by peers in their schools.
The HSTA Central Chapter Teachers Excellence Luncheon was started 26 years ago by former chapter member Meredith Monteville who wanted to recognize the many teachers doing incredible things in the classroom for their students and schools.
This year’s Central Chapter Teacher Excellence honorees are:
• Elizabeth Hueu, Aiea Elementary School
• Michelé Akeao, Aliamanu Elementary
• Lynele Basug, Hale Kula Elementary School
• Karen Nose, Helemano Elementary School
• Shanan Seamster,Hickam Elementary School
• Rebecca Hodge,Iliahi Elementary School
• Angelita Reed,Ka’ala Elementary School
• Shawn Nakata,Leilehua High School
• Claire Sakata,Makalapa Elementary School
• Darlene Fujimoto, Mililani High School
• Rosanne Oda-Ching, Mililani ‘Ike Elementary School
• Lynn Yoshioka, Mililani Middle School
• Bao Nguyen, Mililani Uka Elementary School
• Jennelle Ichishita, Mililani Waena Elementary School
• Audrey Chinen, Moanalua Elementary School
• Lachelle Sablan from Moanalua High School
• Jane Lee, Mokulele Elementary School
• Darci Muromoto, Nimitz Elementary School
• Denise Sumida, Pearl Harbor Elementary School
• Jasmine Doolin, Pearl Harbor Kai Elementary School
• Diane Okawa, Pearl Ridge Elementary School
• Jason Fatz, Radford High School
• Lori Sumajit, Salt Lake Elementary School
• Ronda Miller, Shafter Elementary School
• Donna Williams. Solomon Elementary School
• Randy Koji Otaka, Wahiawa Elementary School
• Jody Conjugacion, Wahiawa Middle School
• Colin Kanemoto, Waimalu Elementary School
• JoAnn Nakashima, Webling Elementary School
• Lauren St. Germain, Wheeler Elementary School
• Sheilynn Murata, Wheeler Middle School.
National Teacher Day is May 5, 2015
Spread the word about extraordinary teachers and the outstanding work they do each day.
Join us in saying “Thank You” by sharing one of the following on social media during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4-8:
*A picture of yourself with your favorite teacher, past or present;
*A picture of your child with his or her teacher;
*A picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with a simple message saying Thank You to a teacher and why you’re thanking him or her.
*Use the hashtag #ThankATeacher when sharing. We’ll select 10 random people thanking a teacher to receive a $100 Visa gift card to give to their favorite teacher. (See giveaway details: http://www.nea.org/thankateacher)
Update your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. You can use “It’s Teacher Appreciation Week! Thank you [INSERT TEACHER NAME] for making a difference in my life.” Or, write your own personal message.