February 2014 video message for members
HSTA President Wil Okabe invites you to watch his video message on VIMEO.
Every education decision is a political decision.
I know for many of you, getting involved in political action does not come naturally and it tests your comfort zone. However, when we elect candidates who support teachers and public education we have a better chance of improving student learning and helping all children in Hawaii maximize their potential.
Mahalo for all you do for the children in schools and mahalo for your efforts outside the school.
How to register to vote
State of Hawaii, Office of Elections http://hawaii.gov/elections
Some of the information on the Office of Elections Web site includes elections dates and deadlines, registration and absentee voting forms and information.
Election Dates & Voter Information
Voter Registration Form
Wiki Wiki Voter Registration
Permanent Absentee voting information
Absentee voting information
◦ Primary Registration Deadline: July 10, 2014
◦ Primary Absentee Application by: August 2, 2014
◦ Primary Election: August 9, 2014 Polling Place Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
◦ General Registration Deadline: October 6, 2014
◦ General Absentee Application by: October 28, 2014
◦ General Election: November 4, 2014 Polling Place Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Where to Vote
Questions regarding voter registration status or polling place locations should be directed to the appropriate City/County Clerk:
County of Hawaii 961-8277
County of Maui 270-7749
County of Kauai 241-4800
City & County of Honolulu 768-3800
For additional information, call the VOTER HOTLINE
(808) 453-VOTE (8683)
Neighbor Islands call toll-free