SPED: 2014 September DOE Listening Tours Set
Dear General Education and Special Education Teachers,
Board of Education Vice Chair Brian De Lima and I, request your participation in our Listening Tour in September. You may choose the date you would like to participate: September 17, September 19, or September 22. We would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations regarding Special Education and your efforts to educate and improve the results of our students with disabilities. The information you provide will be used by decision-makers for the State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) process. The SSIP is an improvement plan required by the USDOE, whereby the Department must demonstrate how it will improve the results of students with disabilities.
Specifically, Vice Chair De Lima and I would like to hear your responses to the following:
1. What do you see as the Department’s strengths in educating and improving the results of our students with disabilities?
2. What obstacles do you face right now that affect your ability to educate and improve the results of our students with disabilities?
3. What are some of the things the Department could implement or do better that can benefit our efforts to achieve improved results for our students with disabilities?
4. How has the Complex Area Support Teams (CAST) been able to assist and support your efforts to educate our students with disabilities?
5. Do you have any suggestions on how the CAST could better assist and/or support your efforts to educate our students with disabilities?
We are requesting that you choose one of the dates, and join us via an on-line WebEx session and call-in to receive the audio. To accommodate schedules, Vice Chair De Lima and I will be on the call from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and you can join when you are able. We ask that you type your name in the chat box on WebEx when you would like to speak on the call. The facilitator will call on you when it is your turn to provide input. The dates, WebEx, and call-in information are as follows:
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW DETAILS OF THE SCHEDULE AND HOW TO PROVIDE INPUT>>>
We look forward to hearing from you all as we work together towards improving outcomes for our students with disabilities. Should you have questions regarding the Listening Tours please contact, Shari Dela Cuadra-Larsen, Acting Director, Special Projects Office, at 586-3428 or via Lotus Notes.